Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My experiences with cuisines

Though it has been only 3 months since I came to the US ,I have tried as many cuisines as possible (atleast those cuisines in which I get good vegetarian varieites to some extent :D ).
I was awed seeing the quantity being served here rather than the taste.
I really like spicy food which lacked in most of the restaurants here as they were "americanised". (even the kurma in an indian restaurant was bland ! )
But then the desserts were awesome in most of the restaurants and I mostly used to skip my main course in some of the mexican restaurants and just end up having a brownie :D
Surprisingly the saravana bhavan here is not as good as their chain back in India.
And we have found a far better indian restaurant in our locality , Mylapore.
Asian cuisines like Thai and chinese are awesome and I hated Mexcian untill I visited a Mexican Grill, Chipotle which is more of a fast food joint.
I was reminded of our own frankie :)
Unlike many others here, I love the vegetarian pizzas, which I have tasted till now and subway is awesome as ever (subway is my all time favourite!!!)
However, I would just forego all these for more kozhambu and paruppu usili at home.:D

1 comment:

Sowmya Gopal said...

I would just forego all these for more kozhambu and paruppu usili at home - oru vasagam analum thiruvasagam. And I agree with the portions in the US, one can eat one portion for dinner, breakfast and lunch ! I missed out on the restaurant rush in India when going to a restaurant became an outing rather than a special occasion.